Alert your property insurance provider if you’re working from home

Work from home. Don’t work from home. Work from home. 

Messages from the government during the coronavirus pandemic could be said to have been confusing at times. 

But one thing that is clear is that if your company has asked you to work from home you should let your home insurance provider know. 

This applies right across the world of work whether you’re a television presenter or administrative assistant. 

If you’re usually based in a workplace, but now you’re doing that job from your house, your insurer needs to be informed. 

It may not change your policy or cost you any more, but your insurer will advise based on your specific circumstances. 

This is different to when your business is usually based from home such as if you work in crafts or as a home hairdresser, in which case you might be interested in one of our home workers policies. 

For just £90, Sharrocks can offer you our enhanced cover which features £10,000,000 Employers Liability for up to five employees; £5,000,000 Public/Products Liability; and £2,500 of cover for your stock. 

It also includes £1,000 All Risk Equipment Cover, which ensures your equipment is covered while it’s in storage, in transit and out of the home. 

Or for a £35 premium, Sharrocks can offer just £1,000,000 Public and Products Liability.

Short term cover is also available. 

Sharrocks can offer cover for a variety of professions, be it architecture, cartoonist, bookkeeping, musicians, physiotherapy, solicitors, or speech therapy. 

Get an instant indication using our online quotation calculator here:

Posted in News Tagged with: , , , , ,

Event Equipment  Hire Insurance

Visit our YouTube channel